Perfect Hand Piecing
In this workshop Jen will cover the FUNdamentals of hand piecing, focusing on the traditional block Drunkard's Path. Participants can then apply these techniques to any design of Jen’s! This workshop will cover the following topics:
• Selecting Fabrics
• Grain Lines
• Piecing straight lines and curves
• Working with Templastic and adding ¼” seam allowance to hand made templates.
• Working with acrylic templates that include ¼” seam allowance.
Class Will start at 8:30 am - 1130 am (LunchBreak) and return @ 3pm - 6pm
Student supply list:
Requirements for Hand Piecing workshop
During this workshop we will cover the gentle art of hand piecing . I will cover drafting patterns, cutting templates and working with pre cut acrylic templates.
I will supply a drunkards path pattern for you to use on the day or bring any pattern of mine that you would like to make.
Please bring to class
••• Your chosen pattern or project.
••• Requirements for chosen project
• A variety of small cuts of fabric- remember to include some florals, geometrics, spots, stripes etc scraps, fat 1/16ths and eighths (and more is always better 😉😉)
• Template plastic- a thicker one works best (or pattern specific acrylic template set)
• Ultra fine permanent marker
• Scissors for cutting plastic
• Fabric scissors
• Straw or milliners needles size 11
• Neutral 50 wt cotton thread to blend with fabrics for piecing eg grey
• General sewing requirements eg pins
• 0.7mm Mechanical pencil (propelling pencil) with 2B lead ( 2 lead in USA)
• 1/4" simple seam wheel ( I will bring some)
• Sandpaper board or sheet of medium grade sandpaper ( from hardware store )